Adam L. Hirsch
Adam L. Hirsch is a partner in the Finance & Acquisitions Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, where he focuses his practice on representing clients across the U.S. in all aspects of bankruptcy, business restructuring, and related transactions. He advises secured and unsecured lenders, DIP lenders, Chapter 11 plan sponsors, acquirers of assets in Section 363 asset sales, landlords and tenants, equipment lessors and lessees, IP licensors and licensees, and providers of various goods and services. He also represents clients in transactional matters involving financially distressed parties and debtors reorganizing under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Mr. Hirsch, who joined DGS in August 2020, brings to the firm extensive experience in representing companies in varied economic conditions and offers an in-depth understanding of commercial creditor and debtor rights under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Mr. Hirsch received his J.D. in 2004 from Tulane University Law School and his B.A. in 2001 from Northwestern University. He is admitted to practice in Colorado and New York, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the District of Colorado, the Southern District of New York, and the Eastern District of New York. Prior to joining DGS, Mr. Hirsch was a partner in Kutak Rock LLP’s Denver office and, before that, worked for a large New York law firm, where he represented clients in a range of bankruptcy and finance-related matters during the 2008 financial crisis and subsequent economic recession.
Awards & Recognition
- American Bankruptcy Institute “40 Under 40,” 2018
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014-2015
- Represented a primary secured creditor and DIP lender in a Chapter 11 reorganization of a large commercial airline.
- Represented a financial institution as a secured lender to a $245 million national homebuilding company in a Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented a new markets tax credit community development entity (CDE) as a secured creditor in a Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented a financial institution as a secured lender to an international shipping enterprise in a Chapter 7 liquidation.
- Represented an oil and gas services firm as debtor in a Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented a former producer of asbestos products as a debtor in a Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented a model train company as a debtor in a Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Represented a financial institution as a secured lender in a Chapter 11 reorganization of a hotel franchise.
- Represented a financial institution as a secured lender in various Chapter 11 cases of restaurant and convenience store franchises.
- Represented secured lenders in strict foreclosures under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Represented various customers, creditors, and other parties in liquidations under the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA).
- Represented numerous parties in commercial lending transactions and acquisitions to mitigate insolvency risk.
- Represented financial institutions as lenders in debtor-in-possession financing transactions.
- Represented acquirers of assets under Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented SPEs and lenders in bankruptcy remote lending structures.
- Represented numerous plaintiffs and defendants in preference and fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Northwestern University, B.A., 2001