Barbara J. Mueller
Barbara Mueller has more than 30 years of experience directing real estate deals of all types. Ms. Mueller represents lenders and borrowers on construction and permanent loans, negotiates sales, purchases, tax free exchanges, and leases of properties ranging from raw land to office buildings, apartment complexes, resorts, and warehouses. Ms. Mueller has significant experience working with health care providers in developing medical center campuses and specialized medical office buildings. She also represents a number of energy providers and lenders developing major wind and solar projects and gas-fired electric generation facilities.
Ms. Mueller has represented health care providers in connection with development agreements, ground leases, restrictive covenants, physician leases, financing, and land use issues for the development of new medical office buildings in Aurora, Denver, Lone Tree, and Colorado Springs, Colorado. Ms. Mueller is the primary real estate counsel for HCA-HealthONE LLC of Denver.
Ms. Mueller also has extensive experience advising clients developing renewable energy. She has represented clients building wind farms on matters relating to land access, easements, conditional use permits, transmission line issues, and financing. She has also acquired property, resolved government land use permitting issues, negotiated easements including conservation easements and worked on financing and construction issues for both simple and combined cycle electrical power generation plants in several locations along Colorado’s front range.
Professional Memberships & Awards
- Board of Trustees, Denver Bar Association, 2012-2015
- Member of Board of Governors, Colorado Bar Association, 2009-2010
- Chair of the Colorado Bar Association Real Estate Section Council, 2007-2008
- Member of the Board of Continuing Legal and Judicial Education, 1998-2015
- Fellow of Colorado Bar Foundation
- Member of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Denver (Nominee for Women of Influence Award, 2006 and 2017)
- Member and past Chair of Women in Real Estate
- Program Chair, 25th Annual CLE of Colorado Real Estate Symposium
- Colorado Super Lawyer since 2009
- Law Week Colorado Barrister’s Best Editor’s Choice as Best Renewable Energy Lawyer, 2010
- AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, Construction Law
University of Denver, J.D., Order of St. Ives, 1978
Lawrence University, B.A., 1975
Thirty-Two DGS Attorneys Recognized as Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Thirty-two Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP attorneys have been recognized as 2018 Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, which is...Read More
Thirty-Five DGS Attorneys Recognized as Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Thirty-five Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP attorneys have been recognized as 2017 Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, which is...Read More