Brian Boonstra is the chair of the firm’s Finance & Acquisitions Department and is a member of the Executive Committee. He advises public and private companies, including private equity funds, on a wide variety of transactions, including debt and equity finance and acquisitions. Mr. Boonstra also represents public companies and their boards of directors on securities disclosure and compliance issues, executive compensation, and general corporate counseling. His clients operate in a variety of industries, such as oil and gas, mining, real estate development, technology, and financial services.
Prior to joining DGS, Mr. Boonstra served as a law clerk for Justice Nancy Rice of the Colorado Supreme Court.
He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado.
- Denver Business Journal, Who's Who in Energy, 2019
- Colorado Super Lawyer, 2019-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law & Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2019-2020
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A (Colorado), 2013-2020
- Chambers USA, "Leader in Their Field" Natural Resources & Energy (Colorado), 2019-2020
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2013-2016
- M&A Advisor, Emerging Leader, 2016
Experience & Recent Transactions
- Represented Encana Corp. in connection with its $735 million sale of oil and gas assets in the Piceance basin in Northwestern Colorado.
- Represented a family office in its acquisition of a controlling interest in a provider of engineering and construction services to the wireless telecommunications industry.
- Represented Encana Corp. in connection with its $900 million sale of oil and gas assets in the Denver-Julesburg Basin.
- Represented a large Denver-based independent energy company in its approximately $350 million acquisition of operating oil and gas assets in the Permian basin from a private seller.
- Represented a Texas-based owner of wastewater disposal wells in its sale to a publicly-traded buyer for an excess of $100 million.
- Represented Earthstone Energy in connection with its business combination with Oak Valley Resources LLC.
- Represented Policy Studies Inc., a government health and human services provider, in connection with its sale to MAXIMUS Inc.
- Represented Gary-Williams Energy Corporation, an independent refining company, in its $600 million sale of the company to CVR Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CVI).
- Represented Golden Minerals Company in a $350 million stock and cash “merger of equals” with ECU Silver Mining Inc., a silver mining company with operations in the Velardeña mining district in Mexico.
- Represented numerous different executive management teams in connection with the formation and capitalization of multiple private-equity-backed oil and gas companies.
- Represented Resolute Energy Corporation in connection with its public offering of convertible preferred stock.
- Represented various issuers in connection with the creation of at-the-market offering programs.
University of Colorado, J.D., Order of the Coif, 2002
Calvin College, B.S., 1998
Twenty-One DGS Attorneys Recognized as Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars
Twenty-one Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP attorneys have been recognized as 2020 Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars. The listing...Read More