Brian Boonstra advises public and private companies, including family offices and private equity funds, on a wide variety of M&A and finance transactions. Mr. Boonstra also represents public companies and their boards of directors in connection with securities disclosure and compliance issues and general corporate matters. His clients operate in a variety of industries, such as oil and gas, mining, real estate development, technology, and financial services. Mr. Boonstra also serves as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Prior to joining DGS, Mr. Boonstra served as a law clerk for Justice Nancy Rice of the Colorado Supreme Court.
He currently serves on the board of directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado and is a member of the board of directors of Peak to Peak Charter School.
- Chambers USA, “Leader in Their Field” Corporate/M&A (Colorado), 2013-2023
- Chambers USA, “Leader in Their Field” Natural Resources & Energy (Colorado), 2019-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law & Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2019-2024
- Denver Business Journal, Who’s Who in Energy, 2019
- Colorado Super Lawyer, 2019-2020
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2013-2016
- M&A Advisor, Emerging Leader, 2016
Experience & Recent Transactions
- Represented Mallard Exploration, a private-equity backed oil and gas producer operating in the Denver-Julesburg basin, in connection with its sale to a private-equity backed buyer
- Represented Maverix Metals (NYSE American: MMX), a gold-favored royalty and streaming company, in connection with its combination with Triple Flag Precious Metals Corp.
- Represented GTY Technology Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: GTYH), a leading provider of cloud software solutions for the public sector, in connection with its going-private transaction with GI Partners
- Represented Steven Charles – A Dessert Company®, a maker of gourmet desserts supplying foodservice and retail customers across North America, in connection with its sale to Dessert Holdings®
- Represented a large family office in connection with the acquisition of Frontier Waste Solutions, a Texas-based solid waste and recycling collection service company
- Represented Angelina Forest Products, the owner of a Texas-based lumber mill, in connection with its sale to West Fraser Timber Company for approximately $300 million
- Represented Kinross Gold Corporation in connection with its acquisition of a 70% interest in the Peak Gold project in Alaska from Royal Gold, Inc. and Contango ORE, Inc.
- Represented Golden Star Resources Ltd. (NYSE American: GSS) in connection with its sale to Chifen Jilong Gold Mining Co. Ltd.
- Represented Pershing Gold Corporation (NASDAQ: PGLC) in its sale to Americas Silver Corporation (NASDAQ: USAS).
- Represented a private-equity backed oil and gas company in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets under Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented Encana Corp. in various transactions, including the sale of oil and gas assets in the Piceance Basin in Northwestern Colorado
($735 million), the Denver-Julesburg Basin ($900 million), and the San Juan Basin.