Christopher John Lane
Chris Lane is a partner in the Real Estate Group of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. He has extensive experience representing clients in all areas of real estate transactions throughout the U.S., including leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, and land use matters. Mr. Lane’s expertise also involves representing both borrowers and lenders in real estate financing, including alternative financing structures, such as sale-leaseback transactions. His work includes corporate transactions involving more than 100 leased properties.
Mr. Lane’s extensive involvement in matters within the hospitality industry makes him uniquely qualified to handle hotel-related transactions. He represents clients in the acquisition, financing, development, and disposition of hotel properties, as well as in the negotiation of management agreements. He also represents developers in residential and commercial projects throughout Colorado.
Mr. Lane is a contributing author to the Colorado Real Estate Practice, one of CBA-CLE's most respected and widely used publications. He is also an instructor for the related 13-week CLE course.
- Assisted in the $62 million refinancing of a multi-building office property.
- Assisted with real estate components of a $200 million asset sale involving numerous real estate assets.
- Assisted in the $36 million refinancing of a 177-unit apartment complex.
- Assisted in the $25 million sale of a historic school campus for redevelopment as a hotel.
- Assisted in the $40 million acquisition of majority interest in a hotel in Baltimore, Maryland and negotiated the management agreement for hotel.
- Assisted in the $24 million sale of a 108-unit apartment complex.
- Assisted in the acquisition of Snowmass Base Village.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Brent Eley Foundation, Director; Brent Eley Center, Internal Affairs Committee, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- City of Boulder Board of Zoning Adjustment, Former Board Member
- Boulder County Bar Association, Former Director
- CU Real Estate Foundation, Member
- Colorado Lawyers Committee, Young Lawyers Division, Former Board Member
- Colorado Non-Profit Pro Bono Legal Group, Volunteer Coordinator
University of Colorado Law School, J.D., 2008
State University of New York at Albany, B.S., summa cum laude, 1998
Colorado Lawyers Committee Names DGS 2017 Law Firm of the Year
The Colorado Lawyers Committee named Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP its 2017 Law Firm of the Year at an awards banquet...Read More