Chuck Kaiser joined DGS in 1981. He has been a frequent speaker and writer on mineral and public lands matters and has given presentations before numerous bar, industry, and federal land manager groups. He is co-author of both The Law of Federal Oil and Gas Leases and American Law of Mining and he has taught at the University of Denver in both the law and masters programs.
Mr. Kaiser is listed in the International Who’s Who of Mining Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America®, and Colorado Super Lawyers.
- San Juan Citizens Alliance v. Stiles, 654 F.3d 1038 (10th Cir. 2011)
- Biodiversity Conservation Alliance v. BLM, 608 F.3d 709 (10th Cir. 2010)
- San Juan Citizens Alliance, et al v. Norton et al., 586 F. Supp.2d 1270 (D.N.M. 2008)
- Amigos Bravos v. BLM, 2011 WL 7701433 (D.N.M. August 3, 2011)
- Northern Plains Resource Council, Inc. v. BLM, 298 F. Supp.2d 1017 (D. Mont. 2003)
- Ashenhurst Ranch, Inc., 182 IBLA 218 (2012)
- Bill Barrett Corporation, 177 IBLA 214 (2009)
- Vastar Resources, Inc., 167 IBLA 17 (2005)
University of Southern California, J.D., with High Honors, 1977
University of Illinois, B.S., summa cum laude, 1974