Gary Meade’s primary practice areas are lending, finance and venture capital. Mr. Meade represents senior and mezzanine lenders in Denver and the Rocky Mountain region and has helped develop many of such client’s credit documents and legal lending structure. He also represents many of the firm’s corporate clients in their lending relationships and financing activities, giving him a broad understanding of the needs and desires of both lenders and borrowers when addressing his client’s needs—whichever side of the table he happens to be on. Mr. Meade has been with Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP since 2008, and, in addition to his lending and finance practice, also represents both emerging growth and more traditional companies in all types of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and securities offerings. Prior to joining DGS, Mr. Meade practiced in the securities, finance, and mergers and acquisitions departments of law firms in Denver and Nashville, Tennessee, and was an Assistant Attorney General with the Tax & Bankruptcy Division of the Tennessee Attorney General’s Office.
Mr. Meade is a member of the Colorado and Tennessee Bar Associations.
- Represented KeyBank National Association in numerous senior secured debt financing transactions, including in the structured finance arena and in ABL transactions, both single-lender and syndicated transactions with credit facility sizes ranging from $5,000,000 to over $100,000,000.
- Represented CoBiz Bank and CoBiz Structured Finance in various structured finance transactions, including representation in documenting and structuring credit transactions and in workout and liquidation scenarios.
- Represented CIBC Bank USA (formerly The PrivateBank and Trust Company) in senior lending transactions in various industries and in cash flow and ABL loans.
- Represented a frac sand developer in its equity and debt project finance arrangements, which included multiple term loan development tranches.
- Represented clients in various industries, including oil and gas, construction, insurance, and others in general commercial contract review, various debt and equity financing activities, and in all aspects of their merger and acquisition transactions.
Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1992
University of Tennessee, B.S., 1989