Jeffrey R. Brandel
Jeffrey R. Brandel specializes in corporate and business law, including private equity, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and general corporate law. He has been the lead attorney for private equity funds, corporations, and entrepreneurs involving a wide range of acquisition, divestiture, and financing transactions, including numerous sales and purchases of companies, divestitures and acquisitions of business lines, as well as a going private transaction.
Mr. Brandel has served as counsel for acquiring and selling private and public companies in the financial services, manufacturing, retail, and technology industries. He represents private equity funds involving complex purchases, sales, financing, and restructurings of portfolio companies. He also counsels companies and entrepreneurs regarding corporate governance, securities disclosure and compliance issues, and general corporate matters.
Mr. Brandel is actively involved in the community, serving on the board of the Boy Scouts of America, Denver Area Council. He is also the committee chair and assistant scoutmaster of his son’s Boy Scout troop. Mr. Brandel has also successfully represented an asylum applicant through the Rocky Mountain Survivors Center on a pro bono basis.
- “The Small Business Administration Introduces New PPP Requirements Affecting Borrowers,” DGS Legal Alert (November 2, 2020)
- “Extension of Loan Period for Paycheck Protection Program,” DGS Legal Alert (July 6, 2020)
- “Paycheck Protection Program – Guidance on Loan Forgiveness” DGS Legal Alert (June 1, 2020)
- Comments published, “State Attorneys General Urge Paycheck Protection Program Changes” Law Week Colorado (May 11, 2020)
- “Paycheck Protection Program – Additional Funding and Recent Guidance” DGS Legal Alert (April 29, 2020)
- “Paycheck Protection Program – Additional Guidance for Individuals with Self-Employment Income,” DGS Legal Alert (April 16, 2020)
- “Paycheck Protection Program Guidance,” DGS Legal Alert (April 7, 2020)
- Officer Liability for Unpaid Wages Decision Expected Soon
University of Iowa, J.D., with Distinction, 1995
Iowa Law Consortium, London, 1995
University of Iowa, B.S., with Honors, 1992
Melbourne University, Australia, 1991
The Small Business Administration Introduces New PPP Requirements Affecting Borrowers
On Monday, October 26, 2020, the Small Business Administration requested the Office of Management and Budget to approve information collection...Read More
Paycheck Protection Program – Guidance on Loan Forgiveness
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) established by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), as amended by...Read More
Paycheck Protection Program – Additional Funding and Recent Guidance
The Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act (PPP Enhancement Act) was signed into law on April 24, 202...Read More