Jennifer S. Allen
Jennifer Allen is an associate in the Trial Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. Ms. Allen specializes in complex commercial cases and class action defense. Her practice includes commercial litigation, class actions, antitrust and appellate matters, and risk management and insurance litigation. Ms. Allen brings a pragmatic and strategic focus to her cases, working with her clients to effectively and efficiently handle a wide variety of commercial disputes.
She serves on the Board of Governors for the Colorado Bar
Association, the Public Affairs Council for the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, and the Executive Committee for the Colorado Pledge to
Diversity. She is a member of the Colorado and Colorado Women's Bar Associations. Ms. Allen has been named a
“Rising Star” by Colorado Super Lawyers.
Prior to joining DGS, Ms. Allen was a litigation associate at Covington &
Burling LLP in Washington, D.C. She is a member of the 2019 Colorado General Counsel Group advisor program, a program which brings women attorneys and lawyers together with Denver-area in-house counsels.
Ms. Allen received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, where she was editor-in-chief of the Michigan Journal of International Law. She received her B.S.F.S. from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service, graduating magna cum laude. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Defeated class certification after a week-long hearing in a case involving over $65 million in potential damages.
- Negotiated dismissal of putative class action during the pleading stage.
- Represented a consulting company in litigation to protect trade secrets.
- Represented public and private companies in internal investigations.
- Represented oil and gas companies in a variety of commercial cases.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in insurance coverage litigation.
- Represented companies in defending against allegations of antitrust violations.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, Dean’s Scholar, 2011
Georgetown University, Walsh School of Foreign Service, B.S.F.S., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2008
Twenty-Three DGS Attorneys Recognized as Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars
Twenty-three Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP attorneys have been recognized as 2019 Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars. The listing...Read More
Thirty-Two DGS Attorneys Recognized as Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Thirty-two Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP attorneys have been recognized as 2018 Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, which is...Read More