Justin Nyberg is an associate in the Finance & Acquisitions Group and his practice focuses on acquisition transactions, public and private placements of debt and equity securities, securities law disclosure and compliance, corporate governance, and entity formation. He received his J.D. from the University of New Mexico School of Law, where he graduated in the top two percent of his class and was elected to the Order of the Coif honorary society. During law school, Mr. Nyberg was an Editor in Chief of the Natural Resources Journal and served as co-president of the UNM Environmental Law Society. He externed with Justice Charles Daniels of the New Mexico Supreme Court, as well as the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Regional Office of the Solicitor in New Mexico. Mr. Nyberg was the recipient of the 2013 Salazar Prize (awarded to the top-ranked student at the end of the second year), a Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Scholarship, and two Oliver Seth Scholarships (awarded for excellence in legal ethics), among other awards.
He received his B.A. in English Literature from Princeton University, and served as alumni class president from 2001-2005. Prior to joining DGS, Mr. Nyberg was an editor at Outside, the nation’s leading outdoor lifestyle magazine, where he developed strong ties to companies in the outdoor recreation and ski industries. He is also a founder and executive editor of GearInstitute.com and serves on the board of Big City Mountaineers, a nonprofit that mentors under-served urban youth through wilderness expeditions.
Representative Clients & Matters
- Issuers in numerous debt and equity offerings in private capital market transactions;
- A publicly-traded junior U.S. gold mining company in its cross-border merger with a publicly-traded Canadian junior mining company;
- A privately-held real estate investment firm with $1.1B under management in its corporate restructuring of real estate assets;
- A junior mining company in connection with a $7.5 million underwritten public offering and numerous private placements of public equity, reverse stock split and uplisting to Nasdaq, Securities Act registration and Exchange Act compliance matters;
- A private alternative asset management company in its negotiation and due diligence for the acquisition and recapitalization of a leading solar equipment manufacturer;
- An exploration and production oil and gas company in its negotiations to sell substantially all assets, stock exchange delisting, and routine U.S. public company compliance matters;
- A publicly-held international real estate brokerage company in multiple acquisitions of real estate brokerage franchises and a real estate technology company;
- A private upstream oil and gas exploration and production company in its private equity financing transaction;
- A private midstream oil and has company in its formation and $200M financing commitment by private equity funds;
- A private sound and event production company in $50M sale of gas gathering and water disposal systems to undisclosed buyer;
- An asset sale of a casino and horse track to a competitor
- A public oil production company in $50M sale of gas gathering and water disposal systems to undisclosed buyer;
- A private equity firm in its acquisition of a portfolio company in the investment advisory business;
- An online equipment-financing company in its add-on acquisition of a competitor and an equity investment by a strategic partner;
- The private equity acquirer of a manufacturer of advanced energetics, electronic and mechanical components, and mounts and assemblies for weapons and space systems; and
- A midstream oil and gas company in the mid-construction purchase of majority position in oil pipeline company.
University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, summa cum laude, 2014
Princeton University, B.A., 2001