Justin Taylor is an associate in the Finance & Acquisitions Department. His practice focuses on a broad range of sophisticated corporate and transactional matters, with a particular emphasis on leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, strategic private equity investments and joint ventures, venture capital and growth equity investments, and corporate governance. Mr. Taylor also routinely serves as outside general counsel to clients and provides transactional expertise in complex litigation, dispute resolution, and business separations. Clients he advises operate in a wide variety of industries, including advanced manufacturing and technologies, aerospace, real estate investment and development, energy, and professional services. Mr. Taylor serves on the Colorado Space Coalition Committee for the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce.
Before joining DGS, Mr. Taylor practiced in the Corporate Department at Paul Hastings LLP in Chicago.
Mr. Taylor received his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was the executive comments editor of the University of Michigan Journal of Private Equity & Venture Capital Law and worked as a student attorney in the Michigan Law Entrepreneurship Clinic representing startups and early stage companies. He received his B.A., graduating with distinction, from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Advanced Manufacturing, Technologies, and Aerospace
- RFMW Ltd., a manufacturer of RF and microwave components, in its sale to TTI, Inc.
- ALD Nanosolutions Inc., a manufacturer of custom thin and atomic layer film coatings, in its series seed offering
- The acquirer of Capco, Inc. a manufacturer of advanced energetics, electronic and mechanical components, and mounts and assemblies for weapons and space systems
- Invidi Technologies Corporation, a leader in addressable advertising, in its merger with Inception Holdco, a joint venture controlled by, AT&T, DISH Network, and WPP/GroupM
- BREK Electronics Corp., a startup developing advanced PV inverters for commercial and utility scale solar projects
- Quickride Logistics, Inc., a provider of logistics solutions in the auto sales and service space, in its private equity financing as well as various restructuring matters
- Industrial Growth Partners in its acquisition of FMH Aerospace, a manufacturer of complex, highly-engineered solutions for the aerospace, defense, and space industries
- H.I.G. Capital in its sale of Vaupell, a global leader in the development and production of thermoplastic interior solutions to the commercial aerospace industry, to Sumitomo Bakelite
- The Genesee Group, Inc., in its sale of a division to Jayco Stamping Company of Texas, Inc.
- May River Partners in its acquisition of Pride Engineering, a manufacturer of tools and dyes for the beverage packing industry
- General Electric in the carve-out sale of its rail signaling business to Alstom
Real Estate Investment and Development
- Amstar Group in numerous real estate acquisitions, investments, and joint venture transactions throughout the U.S., including 1001 McKinney in Houston, Texas, The Citadel in Denver, Colorado, Brooklyn Logistics Center in Brooklyn, New York, and Lackawanna Station in Bloomfield, New Jersey
- EdgeCore Internet Real Estate, a ground-up developer of data centers in the U.S. and Canada, in its private equity financing transaction with GIC, OPTrust, and other advisors
- Generation Development in various private equity financing transactions in connection with real estate development projects throughout the Denver-Boulder Metro Area
- A lead investor in the equity financing of Quannah Partners, a Denver-based real estate investment platform
- Confluence Resources, a private exploration and production company based in Denver with a focus on the DJ, Williston, and Powder Rives Basins, in its private equity financing transaction with Old Ironsides, Iron Gate Capital, several large insurers, and other investors
- BP Ventures in numerous early and growth stage investments and sale transactions
- Indigena Capital in its private equity financing transactions with various investors
- KeyBank in various wind and solar power project financing transactions in the Northeast and Western U.S.
- ARD Exploration, an exploration technologies company, in its private equity financing
- Resolute Energy in its sale of Permian basin mid-stream assets
- Trove Energy, an owner and operator of producing oil and gas assets in Oklahoma and Kansas, in its private equity financing
- Ecommerce Systems, Inc. in its sale of CGI Technologies and Solutions Inc.
- ATI Physical Therapy in over 15 acquisitions of physical and orthopedic therapy and rehabilitation providers
- Redmark CNG in its management buyout from Ward Alternative Energy
- Kodiak Building Partners in their acquisitions of Forestek, Overseas Lumber Supply, Arizona Wholesale Supply Company, and other building supply companies
- A foreign private investor in its investment in an on-shore aqua culture company located in the Midwest
- An investor in its investment in an off-shore aqua culture company with operations in the Northeast and Southeast Asia
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2013
University of Illinois, B.A., with distinction, 2009