Kevin T. Teng
Kevin Teng is a member of the Finance & Acquisitions Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. Mr. Teng focuses his practice in investment management and securities law and regularly counsels SEC and state regulated investment advisers, open- and closed-end investment companies, unregistered investment vehicles (including private equity and hedge fund complexes), and public plan investors.
While attending the Boston University School of Law, Mr. Teng served as the managing editor of the Boston University International Law Journal. Mr. Teng was also a winner of the Homer Albers Moot Court Prize Competition and a recipient of the Award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy. Mr. Teng currently serves as chair of the board for the Denver Film Society and as a member of the Mayor Hancock’s Relief and Recovery Committee that was established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Counseling investment advisers and investment companies on regulatory, reporting, compliance, and disclosure issues.
- Representing investment advisers as well as open- and closed-end funds before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on applications for exemptive relief, applications for registration, proxy solicitations, and regulatory requests and inspections.
- Counseling boards of directors of open- and closed-end funds on governance and oversight issues arising under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Organizing and advising private fund managers on the formation and marketing of onshore and offshore investment vehicles.
- Advising investment companies, investment advisers, operating companies, and other end-users of over-the-counter derivatives on CFTC, ISDA, and Dodd-Frank compliance questions.
- Assisting public plan investors and their boards with review and the negotiation of private fund/group trust investment agreements and side letters; providing investment structure education and ongoing regulatory guidance with respect to asset management industry issues.
- Assisting operating companies and private equity fund complexes with premerger notification compliance and related antitrust questions under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976.
- DGS Private Fund Academy: Fund Considerations and Investor Perspectives (May 2018)
- DGS Public Company Update: Dodd-Frank on Derivatives (January 2013)
- DGS Compliance Roundtable Breakfast Series: Navigating SEC Examinations (September 2012)
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2008
The Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1994
Early Lessons for Asset Managers from COVID-19 Webinar
This webinar will review the early lessons learned from the impact of COVID-19 on the asset management industry. We will...Read More
Colorado Division of Securities Adopts New Exemption from Investment Adviser Licensing Requirements
The Colorado Division of Securities has adopted new rules applicable to investment advisers effective as of July 15, 2017. The...Read More