Laura Pflumm Cerezo
Laura Cerezo is an associate in the Finance & Acquisitions Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. Her practice focuses on public and private placements of debt and equity securities, securities law disclosure and compliance, merger and acquisition transactions, and corporate governance.
Ms. Cerezo received her J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School, where she graduated magna cum laude, served as a casenote editor for the Minnesota Journal of International Law, and acted as a student attorney for the Special Education Law Clinic. During law school, she also worked as a law clerk in the in-house department of a Fortune 500 food and agricultural company. Ms. Cerezo received her B.S.B.A. in Finance, graduating magna cum laude from the University of Denver.
Ms. Cerezo serves on the board of Family Star Montessori. She is also an active member of the Young Lawyers Division of the Colorado Lawyers Committee.
- Represented issuers in numerous debt and equity offerings in public and private capital market transactions.
- Represented a public mining company in connection with a simultaneous registered direct and private placement offering.
- Represented a public oil and gas company in connection with a private offering of convertible preferred stock.
- Represented a public mining company in connection with a public offering of common shares and warrants.
- Represented numerous registrants on securities disclosure and compliance issues.
- Represented a private company with its purchase of a large construction materials business.
- Represented multiple publicly held oil and gas companies in various asset sales and purchases.
- Represented a private company on numerous acquisitions of industrial services companies.
- Peter H. Schwartz & Laura Plfumm Cerezo, “SEC/SRO Update: SEC Proposes to Modernize Regulation of the Use of Derivatives by Registered Funds and Business Development Companies; SEC Proposes Rules to Implement the Statutory Mandate to Adopt Resource Extraction Disclosure Rules; SEC Proposes to Codify Certain Consultations and Modernize Auditor Independence Rules,” Wall Street Lawyer (February 2020)
- Peter H. Schwartz & Laura Pflumm Cerezo, “SEC/SRO Update: SEC Proposes Amendments to Modernize Business, Legal Proceedings & Risk Factor Disclosures Under Regulation S-K; SEC Clarifies Investment Advisers' Proxy Voting Responsibilities & Application of Proxy Rules to Voting Advice; SEC Increases Fee Rates for Fiscal Year 2020,” Wall Street Lawyer (October 2019)
- Peter H. Schwartz & Laura Pflumm Cerezo, “SEC/SRO Update: SEC Announces Several Changes in Chairman’s Executive Staff; Allison Herren Lee Sworn in as SEC Commissioner; SEC Staff Publishes Statement on Managing Transition Away From Libor,” Wall Street Lawyer (August 2019)
- Peter H. Schwartz & Laura Pflumm Cerezo, “SEC/SRO Update: SEC Rules to Implement FAST Act Mandate to Modernize and Simplify Disclosure Made Effective; SEC Names New Legal and Division Chiefs; SEC Proposes to Improve Disclosures Relating to Acquisitions and Dispositions of Businesses; SEC Proposes Amendments to Refine the Accelerated and Large Accelerated Filer Definitions,” Wall Street Lawyer (June 2019)
- Peter H. Schwartz & Laura Cerezo, “SEC/SRO Update: SEC Chairman Wants More Individuals to Invest in Private Companies; SEC Awards More Than $54 Million to 2 Whistleblowers; Elad Roisman Sworn in as Newest SEC Commissioner; SEC Charges ICO Superstore and Owners with Operating as Unregistered Broker-Dealers,” Wall Street Lawyer (October 2018)
- Peter H. Schwartz & Laura Cerezo, “SEC/SRO Update: SEC Awards Whistleblower More Than $2.1 Million; Altaba, Formerly Known as Yahoo!, Charged with Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach, Agrees to Pay $35 Million; SEC Launches ‘SALI’-A New Investor Protection Search Tool; SEC Proposes Amendment to the ‘Loan Rule’,” Wall Street Lawyer (June 2018)
- Peter H. Schwartz & Laura Cerezo, “SEC/SRO Update: Robert Jackson and Hester Peirce Sworn in as SEC Commissioners; SEC Issues Agenda for Inaugural Meeting of the Fixed Income Market Structure Advisory Committee; SEC Staff Provides Regulatory Guidance for Accounting Impacts of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act; SEC Proposes Amendments to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Regulations,” Wall Street Lawyer (February 2018)
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015
University of Denver, B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, 2009