Molly Kokesh is an associate at Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, where she represents commercial clients in trial and appellate matters. Ms. Kokesh has defended clients in the energy sector in royalty disputes, contract disputes, and class-action lawsuits. She has represented plaintiffs and defendants in environmental litigation involving CERCLA and the Clean Water Act. She also has experience with employment law matters.
Prior to joining DGS, Ms. Kokesh served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable David M. Ebel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and for Chief Justice Nancy Rice of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Ms. Kokesh earned her J.D. from the University of Denver, graduating in the top 1% of her class. During law school, Ms. Kokesh served on the Denver Law Review and as a teaching assistant for constitutional and criminal law. She received her B.A. from Augustana University, where she graduated magna cum laude, earned All-America honors in track, and helped her cross country team win an NCAA Division II National Championship.
Outside the office, Ms. Kokesh is always planning her next adventure. She has completed the 500-mile Colorado Trail, hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, run marathons, and summited over a dozen 14ers. Sensibly, Ms. Kokesh ends every emprise at a local brewery or donut shop.
- “Applying the Feres Doctrine to Prenatal Injury Cases After Ortiz v. United States,” Denver Law Review, May 6, 2016
- “More Bang for your Brook: Competing Resources Influence Water Releases at Glen Canyon Dam,” University of Denver Water Law Review Blog, December 2014
- Mile High United Way, Catalyst Society Member
- Huntington’s Disease Society of America Rocky Mountain Chapter, Board President
- Tenth Circuit Historical Society, Board of Directors
- Law School...Yes, We Can, Volunteer Mentor
- William E. Doyle Inn of Court
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 2017
Augustana College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2013