Nathan Goergen is an associate in the Finance & Acquisitions Group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and joint ventures and financings, as well as securities law disclosure and compliance, corporate governance, and entity formation.
He received his J.D. from the University of Colorado Law School, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif honorary society and served as associate editor of the University of Colorado Law Review. During law school, Mr. Goergen externed for now-Chief Justice Nancy Rice of the Colorado Supreme Court, and also interned for Judge Christie Phillips at the First Judicial District in Golden, Colorado. He received his B.A. in finance, graduating magna cum laude, from Valparaiso University.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Newmont Mining Corporation, a publicly traded international mining company, in its $820 million acquisition of the Cripple Creek & Victor gold mine from AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Encana Corporation, a publicly traded oil and gas company, in the sale by its wholly-owned subsidiary, Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc., of its Piceance natural gas assets for cash consideration of $735 million
- Whiting Petroleum Corporation, a publicly traded oil and gas company, in the sale by its subsidiary, Whiting Resources Corporation, of its Fort Berthold Indian Reservation area assets for cash consideration of $500 million
- Bill Barrett Corporation, a publicly traded oil and gas company, in its private issuance and sale of $275 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- Reliance Worldwide Corporation, an Atlanta, Georgia-based global provider of water control systems and plumbing solutions for domestic, commercial and industrial applications, in connection with the purchase of Securus, Inc. d/b/a HOLDRITE, for an aggregate purchase price of $92.5 million.
- Waterton Global Resource Management, a private investment firm that specializes in the metals and mining sector, in the $80 million sale of its Hollister and Esmeralda mines to Klondex Mines Ltd.
University of Colorado Law School, J.D., Order of the Coif, 2014
Valparaiso University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2011