Nathan J. Goergen
Nathan Goergen is a partner at Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, where his practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures in a broad range of industries, including private equity, hospitality, mining, energy, real estate, and manufacturing.
In addition to his mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures practice, Mr. Goergen advises private equity and venture capital firms on equity financing transactions, and private equity portfolio and venture-backed companies on general corporate matters, fiduciary duties, and commercial contracts.
In 2022 and 2023, Mr. Goergen was named among the “Ones to Watch” in the area of Corporate Law in Best Lawyers.
He received his J.D. from the University of Colorado Law School, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif and served as the associate editor of University of Colorado Law Review. He received his B.A. in Finance, graduating magna cum laude from Valparaiso University.
Mr. Goergen previously served as a member of the board of advisors for A Precious Child, which is a nonprofit that helps children in need reach their full potential through resources and opportunities.
Recent representative transactions
- Copley Equity Partners in its platform acquisition of a histology and pathology equipment services provider, followed by multiple add-on acquisitions.
- Colorado-based venture capital firm in multiple venture capital primary investments, follow-on investments, and secondary share purchases.
- Reliance Worldwide Corporation in its acquisition of EZ-Flo International, a leading manufacturer of plumbing supplies and specialty plumbing products.
- Copley Equity Partners in its investment in Spend Matters, a proprietary tech-enabled data platform that drives and optimizes the strategic technology procurement decisions across the global procurement, finance, and supply chain technology ecosystem.
- KSL Capital Partners in its $270 million sale of the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida.
- Newmont Corporation in the formation of Nevada Gold Mines LLC with Barrick Gold Corporation, involving substantially all of both parties' properties and operations in northern Nevada, creating the world's largest gold complex.
- Gart Capital Partners in its acquisition of Work World, a California based workwear focused specialty retailer.
- Sage Hospitality Resources in the formation of a joint venture for the development and operation of an independent extended stay hotel in the RiNo neighborhood of Denver, Colorado.
- KSL Capital Partners in its acquisition of the Camelback ski resort, lodge, and waterpark in Pennsylvania.
- TwentyEighty Inc. in the sale of its Omega Performance business unit to Moody’s Analytics.
- Publicly traded oil and gas company in its acquisition of oil and gas assets in the Foreman Butte Field.
- Denver based private equity firm in its acquisition of DJ-Basin oil and gas assets in a Chapter 11 Section 363 bankruptcy process.
- Gart Capital Partners in the sale of the Powderhorn ski resort in Colorado.
- Newmont Corporation in the sale of its royalty portfolio, including 54 precious metals and industrial minerals royalties, located in 11 different countries, to Maverix Metals for cash, stock, and warrants.
- Newmont Corporation in connection with an investment by Sumitomo Corporation in Newmont's subsidiary, Minera Yanacocha SrL.
- CHB Capital Partners in its sale of Logic PD, Inc., an integrated design and manufacturing firm.
- Ovintiv Inc. (f/k/a Encana Corporation) in the sale of its Piceance natural gas assets for cash consideration of $735 million.
- Whiting Petroleum Corporation in the sale of its Fort Berthold Indian Reservation area assets for cash consideration of $500 million.
- Reliance Worldwide Corporation in connection with the purchase of Securus, Inc. d/b/a HOLDRITE, for an aggregate purchase price of $92.5 million.
- Bill Barrett Corporation its private issuance and sale of $275 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes.
- Newmont Corporation in its acquisition of the Cripple Creek & Victor Gold Mine from AngloGold Ashanti Limited for $820 million plus a royalty.
- Waterton Global Resource Management in the $80 million sale of its Hollister and Esmeralda mines to Klondex Mines Ltd.