Pantea Garroussi is a corporate attorney with a practice emphasis on intellectual property and technology. She advises clients on day-to-day business operations related to acquiring and commercializing intellectual property rights and on commercial contracts that are at the heart of her clients’ businesses. She negotiates complex transactions with honed insight and innovates in structuring novel transactions to accommodate emerging technology and business models.
Ms. Garroussi’s practice includes: helping clients enhance the value and protectability of intellectual property rights and assets; M&A transactions involving intellectual property assets; technology and information distribution, procurement, and management agreements; trademark clearance, registration, opposition, and cancellation; intellectual property licensing; creative content commissioning and publishing; intellectual property monitoring and compliance enforcement; standardized trademark use, licensing, and policing standards; trade secret and proprietary databases assembly and protection; and cooperative research and development projects.
Ms. Garroussi brings extensive experience, solution-oriented negotiations, and creative problem-solving to contract disputes and infringement claims. As an outside general counsel to many clients, her counseling approach is informed by an understanding of her client’s overall business objectives, values, and culture. This frequently involves structuring contracts intended to facilitate long-term business relationships and resolving disputes with contract partners while preserving future business prospects.
She serves clients in a variety of industries, including hospitality, medical device design and manufacturing, real estate multiple listing service, natural resources, infrastructure construction and engineering, software publishing, trade associations, and research funding and publishing.
Prior to attending college, Ms. Garroussi studied in Tokyo, Japan. She speaks Farsi and Japanese, as well as conversational Spanish and German.
- Software audits by major software publishers and BSA
- Coordinated procurement of POS, ERP, and CRM systems
- International technology distribution channels
- Online content publishing and distribution
- Joint ventures for expanding a restaurant chain
- Trademark infringement resolution and litigation
- Medical device engineering, prototyping, and manufacturing
- Practical Guide to Copyright Registration
- Non-Tax Benefits of Family Limited Partnerships
- Technology Transfers to Japan: Legal and Cultural Frameworks - Colorado Lawyer
- What to Consider When Picking a Commercial Name - Denver Business Journal
- Top Women Lawyers - Law Week Colorado
University of Denver, LL.M., 1996
University of Denver, J.D., 1993
Santa Clara University, B.S., 1989