Scott Turbeville’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, and financings and securities in a broad range of industries, including oil and gas, mining, financial services, real estate, commercial litigation finance, and technology. He also advises public companies on securities compliance and disclosure obligations, as well as on corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Mr. Turbeville joined DGS after practicing for four years in the corporate department of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP in New York.
Mr. Turbeville graduated summa cum laude from the University of Texas at Dallas with a B.A. in Business Management. He received his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School. During law school, Mr. Turbeville worked at the school’s Pediatric Advocacy Clinic, representing low-income children and their families in health care matters. Additionally, he worked as a summer legal clerk at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Texas.
Mr. Turbeville is a member of the 2018 class of the Association for Corporate Growth’s Leadership 20 program, a development program for emerging leaders within Denver’s professional business community.
- Represented issuers in numerous debt and equity offerings in public and private capital markets transactions.
- Represented underwriters and initial purchasers in numerous public and private capital markets transactions.
- Represented early-stage companies in connection with debt and equity financings.
- Advised clients on securities disclosure and compliance issues.
- Advised clients in commercial litigation finance transactions.
- Advised clients regarding corporate and business law disputes.
- Represented private companies in M&A transactions.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2011
University of Texas at Dallas, B.A., summa cum laude, 2007