Scott Turbeville’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, and financings and securities in a broad range of industries, including oil and gas, mining, financial services, real estate and technology. He also advises public companies on securities compliance and disclosure obligations, as well as corporate governance and other general corporate matters. Mr. Turbeville joined DGS after practicing for four years in the corporate department of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP in New York.
Mr. Turbeville graduated summa cum laude from the University of Texas at Dallas with a B.A. in Business Management. He received his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School. During law school, Mr. Turbeville worked at the school’s Pediatric Advocacy Clinic, representing low-income children and their families in health care matters. Additionally, he worked as a summer legal clerk at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Texas.
- Representation of NYSE and NASDAQ listed companies in connection with Exchange Act securities filings
- Representation of companies in underwritten public debt and equity offerings
- Representation of companies in private placement debt and equity offerings
- Representation of early-stage companies in connection with debt and equity financings
- Representation of a strategic buyer in connection with its stock acquisition of an engineering company
- Advised clients regarding corporate governance and fiduciary duty matters
- Advised clients regarding corporate and business law disputes
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2011
University of Texas at Dallas, B.A., summa cum laude, 2007