Taylor M. Smith
Taylor Smith is admitted to practice in Colorado and New
York and is an associate in the Finance & Acquisitions Department of Davis
Graham & Stubbs LLP. His practice
focuses on the representation of borrowers and lenders in debt finance
Prior to joining DGS, Mr. Smith practiced for three years in the corporate department of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP in New York.
Mr. Smith graduated from the University of Virginia in 2007 with a B.A. in English Literature and received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 2012. During law school, Mr. Smith interned in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and at the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. He was also a senior articles editor for the Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy.
From 2016 to 2018, Mr. Smith served on the Young Professionals Council of Denver Kids, Inc., a non-profit focused on helping Denver Public Schools students graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary options. Mr. Smith is also a member of the 2018 Leadership 20 class, a leadership development program for emerging leaders within ACG Denver’s professional business community.
Representative DGS Transactions
- Representation of a first lien lender in $32 million leveraged acquisition of a manufacturing company.
- Representation of a commercial bank in a credit facility for a seed company.
- $33.5 million credit facility for wholly-owned subsidiary of publicly traded Australian company Samson Oil and Gas Limited.
- Reserve-based revolving credit facility for Denver-based oil and gas exploration company providing for maximum credit amount of $150 million and initial borrowing base of $21 million.
- Credit facility for Denver-based oil and gas exploration company providing for aggregate commitments of $150 million.
- Representation of a commercial bank in a loan to a patent pool administrator.
- Representation of a commercial bank in delayed draw term loan to fixed base operator.
- $30 million revolver and $95 million term loan for Denver-based industrial materials company.
- Representation of a lender in a series of debt/equity hybrid investments in oil and gas exploration companies in Colorado, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas.
- Loans to finance construction of condominium and apartment buildings in the LoHi, RiNo, and Sloan’s Lake neighborhoods of Denver.
- Reserve-based revolving credit facility for PDC Energy, Inc. providing for a maximum credit amount of $2.5 billion and an initial borrowing base of $1.3 billion.
- $75 million syndicated credit agreement with $100 million accordion for DMC Global Inc.
- Debt financing for Snowmass base village development project
- Subscription-based credit facility for energy-focused private equity fund.
- Loans to finance hotels in Berkeley, California; Washington, D.C.; and Atlanta, Georgia.
- Representation of an administrative agent in a credit facility for a digital printing company.
- $175 million credit facility for a real estate investment company.
Representative Previous Transactions
- Representation of lenders in debt financing for $17 billion acquisition of a cable company.
- $8 billion credit facility for a hospitality company.
- Debt financing for the acquisition of an energy services company by a private equity firm.
- Debt financing for the acquisition of an internet company by a private equity firm.
- “Energy Funds Target Subscription-Based Facilities,” Oil & Gas Investor (November 2017)
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2012
University of Virginia, B.A., 2007