Taylor Smith is admitted to practice in Colorado and New York. Mr. Smith is an associate in the Finance & Acquisitions Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. His practice focuses on the representation of borrowers and lenders in debt finance transactions.
Prior to joining DGS, Mr. Smith practiced for three years in the corporate department of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP in New York.
Mr. Smith graduated from the University of Virginia in 2007 with a B.A. in English Literature and received his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 2012. During law school, Mr. Smith interned in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. He was also a senior articles editor for the Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy. From 2016 to 2018, Mr. Smith served on the Young Professionals Council of Denver Kids, Inc., a non-profit focused on helping Denver Public Schools students graduate high school and pursue post-secondary options.
Mr. Smith is also a member of the 2018 Leadership 20 class, a leadership development program for emerging leaders within ACG Denver’s professional business community.
Representative DGS Transactions
- Loans to finance construction of condominium buildings in LoHi and Sloan’s Lake neighborhoods of Denver
- Reserve-based revolving credit facility for PDC Energy, Inc. providing for a maximum credit amount of $2.5 billion and an initial borrowing base of $1.3 billion
- $75 million syndicated credit agreement with $100 million accordion for DMC Global Inc.
- Debt financing for the $1.5 billion acquisition of certain oil and gas assets by PDC Energy, Inc.
- Debt financing for Snowmass base village development project
- Subscription-based credit facility for energy-focused private equity fund
- Loans to finance hotels in Berkeley, California; Washington, D.C.; and Atlanta, Georgia
- Representation of lenders in a credit facility for a digital printing company
- $420 million credit facility for a food company
- $100 million credit facility for a real estate investment company
Representative Previous Transactions
- Representation of lenders in debt financing for $17 billion acquisition of a cable company
- $8 billion credit facility for a hospitality company
- $3 billion credit facility for a food company
- Debt financing for the acquisition of an energy services company by a private equity firm
- Debt financing for the acquisition of an internet company by a private equity firm
- “Energy Funds Target Subscription-Based Facilities,” Oil & Gas Investor (November 2017)
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2012
University of Virginia, B.A., 2007