Timothy D. Rampe represents private and public companies, hedge funds, and private equity sponsors in a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, minority investments, proxy contests, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, and venture capital and private equity funding. A significant portion of his practice involves the representation of public and private companies in connection with structuring, negotiation and documenting mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, carve-outs, recapitalizations, and reorganizations. Mr. Rampe also has extensive experience representing private equity sponsors in investment transactions, add-on acquisitions for portfolio companies, and exit transactions.
His practice also includes counseling clients on securities disclosure and compliance issues and general corporate governance matters. In addition, Mr. Rampe has significant experience in cross-border transactions, including regularly serving as U.S. securities counsel for securities offerings by U.S. issuers outside of the U.S. and for securities offerings by non-U.S. issuers in the U.S. Mr. Rampe has represented clients in a broad range of industries, including financial services, natural resources, and healthcare.
Mr. Rampe joined Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP in 2006 after practicing for over five years in the corporate and securities department at Sidley Austin LLP in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Rampe was selected for inclusion in the 2012 through 2015 Colorado Rising Stars lists by Thomson Reuters and has been recognized by M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 Awards in the Legal Advisor Category.
Mr. Rampe serves on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Fourteeners Initiative, a nonprofit focused on protecting and preserving Colorado’s 54 14,000 foot peaks.
Harvard Law School, J.D., 2000
University of Michigan, B.A. with Honors and High Distinction, 1997
Representative transactions include the following:
- Representation of Level 3 Communications in its acquisition of Black Lotus, a privately held provider of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services.
- Representation of Lovell Minnick Partners, a Philadelphia-based private equity firm, in multiple acquisitions, investments and recapitalizations.
- Representation of First Allied Securities, an independent broker-dealer, in its sale to RCAP Holdings, LLC.
- Representation of Alpine Access, Inc., a privately held provider of customer care management, in multiple private equity financing transactions and its sale to Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated.
- Representation of AngloGold Ashanti Limited, a publicly traded international mining company, in multiple acquisitions, including its stock-for-stock acquisition of Golden Cycle Gold Corporation.
- Representation of Sheplers, Inc., a privately held western-wear retailer, in its sale to Gryphon Investors.
- Representation of Brigus Gold Corp., a publicly traded international mining company, in its stock-for-stock acquisition of Linear Gold Corp. and in multiple public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, both within and outside of the U.S.