Will C. Marshall
Will Marshall is an associate in the Environmental Group and Natural Resources Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. His practice focuses on complex environmental litigation and enforcement, transactions, permitting, and regulatory compliance.
Mr. Marshall’s experience includes representing clients in environmental and safety administrative litigation matters, negotiating settlements with enforcement agencies, and advising clients on numerous state and federal environmental regulatory matters affecting industry. His experience encompasses private, public, and Indian land matters, and he advises clients on corresponding state statutory counterparts, including those in Colorado, Utah, North Dakota, Texas, and Louisiana. During law school at the University of California, Los Angeles, Mr. Marshall held a clerkship with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 8 in Denver. He also served as a research assistant to Professor Ann Carlson.
Publications & Presentations
- “’Pulling Back the Curtain’ – EPA Proposing to Increase Transparency for Guidance Documents,” The Energy Law Advisor, Vol. 14, Number 3 (September 2, 2020)
- “’Pulling Back the Curtain’ – EPA Proposing to Increase Transparency for Guidance Documents,” DGS Legal Alert (May 26, 2020)
- Serious Ozone Update: DGS Live Webinar (May 18, 2020)
- Pass the Steak: Perspectives on Colorado’s recent oil & gas stakeholder processes, Energy and Environment Symposium – Oil and Gas Education for Local Government, April 18, 2019
- A Serious Look at Air Permitting in 2020 and Beyond, Davis Graham & Stubbs Seminar, April 3, 2019
University of California, Los Angeles, J.D., 2014
University of Colorado, B.S., with Distinction, 2009
The North Dakota Department of Environmental Quality Compliance Alert
On October 5, 2020, the North Dakota Department of Environmental Quality (“NDDEQ”) issued a Compliance Alert intended to explain ongoing...Read More
DGS Webinar: So You’re Now a Major Source – What's Next?
The recent “bump up” to serious for the Denver/North Front Range Nonattainment Area will mean that numerous facilities are now...Read More
“Pulling Back the Curtain” – EPA Proposing to Increase Transparency for Guidance Documents
The Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) is proposing to give the regulated community a more active role and voice in developing...Read More