Batson v. Kentucky: 30 Years of Progress and Challenge
Thirty years after the Supreme Court ruled that prospective jurors may not be struck from service based solely on their race, the underlying challenges of discrimination, fair play, and winning at all costs still threaten the integrity of each and every case tried to a jury. Please join our distinguished panelists for a discussion of where the law has come and where it may be going, the mechanics of jury selection itself, and the challenges presented for litigators, courts, and communities grasping with these issues.
Friday, August 26 | 12:00-1:00 PM
1550 17th Street, Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202
We are honored to introduce the following speakers:
- The Honorable Raymond P. Moore, United States District, Judge District of Colorado
- Mack Jenkins, Assistant United States Attorney, Central District of California, United States Department of Justice
- Joshua Lee, Assistant Federal Public Defender, Districts of Colorado and Wyoming
- Mari Newman, Partner, Killmer, Lane & Newman
- Christopher K. Pelham, Of Counsel, Jones Day
- Jason D. Schall, Attorney, Davis Graham & Stubbs, moderator
About Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP
Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, one of the Rocky Mountain region’s preeminent law firms, serves clients nationally and internationally, with a strong focus on corporate finance and governance, mergers and acquisitions, natural resources, environmental law, real estate, and complex litigation. Our lawyers have extensive experience working with companies in the energy, mining, technology, hospitality, private equity, manufacturing, asset management, and aviation industries. As the exclusive member firm in Colorado for Lex Mundi, the world’s leading network of independent law firms, DGS has access to in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide.