How to Improve Your Community Through Board Engagement
Are you an emerging leader in Denver? Please join Davis Graham & Stubbs, the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, and Mile High United Way for a program on how to make an impact in your community through engagement on a board (non-profit, foundation, or government). The panel will discuss how to join a board, fiduciary duties, fundraising tips, budget review best practices, time and financial commitments, and business development opportunities, among other things.
Our speakers for this panel include:
- Mary McBride, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Mile High United Way (former President of CoBank)
- Kelly Brough, President & CEO, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- David Miller, Executive Director, Barton Institute for Philanthropy and Social Enterprise (The Denver Foundation Former CEO)
- Catherine Hance, Partner, DGS (Mile High United Way and Denver Botanic Gardens Board Member)
- Kenzo Kawanabe, Partner, DGS (Boettcher Foundation, Sakura Foundation, Colorado Lawyers Committee, and Colorado Legal Services Board Member)
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
1550 17th Street, Suite 500 | Denver, CO 80202
Registration | 3:30-4:00 PM
Program | 4:00-5:00 PM
Cocktail Reception | 5:00-6:00 PM
About Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP
Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, one of the Rocky Mountain region’s preeminent law firms, serves clients nationally and internationally, with a strong focus on corporate finance and governance, mergers and acquisitions, natural resources, environmental law, real estate, and complex litigation. Our lawyers have extensive experience working with companies in the energy, mining, technology, hospitality, private equity, manufacturing, asset management, and aviation industries. As the exclusive member firm in Colorado for Lex Mundi, the world’s leading network of independent law firms, DGS has access to in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide.