Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP has been defending clients in high-profile, large-scale class action litigation for many years, and we understand the financial and reputational risks that defendants face. Our class action litigators combine sophisticated legal analysis, industry expertise, and scientific knowledge to deliver a thoughtful, practical litigation strategy.
We work with some of the
nation’s largest and best-known companies on cases involving securities fraud,
toxic tort, product liability, consumer actions, environmental, and discrimination in federal and state courts throughout the Rocky Mountain
region. We have defended class action claims involving many different
industries, including securities, insurance, asset management, financial
services, manufacturing, automotive, and banking.
- Consumer Actions: Our lawyers have been at the forefront of developing law related to class certification in consumer protection and related fraud, misrepresentation, and failure to disclose cases. Our lawyers represent clients related to the purchase and sale of personal-lines insurance products and claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Environmental Disputes: DGS has a proven record of success in numerous class action lawsuits asserting toxic tort claims, including property damage and medical monitoring, resulting from alleged environmental contamination. Our clients in these cases include companies active in the oil and gas, mining, railroad, pipeline, and manufacturing industries.
DGS has defended a major insurance carrier and its affiliates in class action lawsuits in state and federal courts. This representation includes defeating class certification in a case involving over $65 million in alleged damages and securing dismissal of another class action lawsuit in the pleading stage.
- Employment & Labor: Our employment attorneys defend class and collective actions asserting claims in employee pension fund litigation, state wage and hour litigation, and litigation arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Natural Resources: Our skilled natural resources lawyers achieve notable results in oil and gas royalty class action litigation and oil and gas surface use class action litigation.
- Products Liability: Our Products Liability Group handles class action and multidistrict litigation targeted at the pharmaceutical industry, including litigation involving Fen-phen and Reglan. Our lawyers handle pretrial discovery in consolidated actions in several jurisdictions, identifying and preparing expert and company witnesses in these critical cases, and acted as trial counsel for the bellwether, or test cases.
- Securities Class Actions: The firm represents many clients in securities related class actions, including cases asserting claims of securities fraud. DGS successfully defended a national class action lawsuit tried on the merits concerning alleged breach of fiduciary duties arising from the sale of securities to a related third party.