David Holman is a partner in the Trial Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP and represents clients in oil and gas litigation, commercial litigation, construction litigation, and products liability litigation. By crafting fact and expert strategies, Mr. Holman positions complex cases for successful resolution through favorable settlement, dispositive motions, or trial or arbitration. Mr. Holman has extensive trial and discovery experience, including examinations of key fact and expert witnesses and oral advocacy.
Before joining DGS, Mr. Holman was an associate at Kirkland & Ellis LLP in Washington, D.C. Directly after law school, Mr. Holman clerked for Judge Paul J. Kelly on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in Santa Fe, New Mexico. During law school, Mr. Holman interned for Judge Richard J. Leon of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Mr. Holman is admitted to practice in Colorado and Montana and before the U.S. District Courts for the District of Colorado and the District of North Dakota, and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Tenth, and Federal Circuits. Mr. Holman is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association, and the William E. Doyle Inn of Court.
Mr. Holman serves on the Advisory Building Committee of the St. Mary Catholic Church in Littleton. He is also a board member of the Denver Urban Debate League.
- Obtained favorable result on behalf of international mining company against engineering firm in breach of contract dispute arising from construction and design of mill. Mr. Holman served as second chair for a three-week arbitration hearing.
- Obtained satisfactory resolution to breach of contract dispute on behalf of Montana manufacturer serving the oil field services industry in Montana state court.
- Obtained satisfactory resolution to breach of contract and intellectual property dispute on behalf of manufacturer in Colorado federal court.
- Obtained satisfactory resolution to contract disputes with bankrupted company on behalf of small Colorado creditors.
Natural Resources Litigation
- Obtained arbitration award for exploration and production company in royalty dispute under Colorado law.
- Obtained summary judgment for exploration and production company in royalty dispute in Wyoming state court.
- Counsel to exploration and production company in royalty dispute in Colorado federal court.
- Counsel in Colorado real property disputes, including foreclosure and eminent domain actions, to exploration and production company and mineral interest management company.
- Secured forum non conveniens dismissal of premises liability claims brought by dozens of former employees against North American supermajor oil company in Delaware state court.
Products Liability Litigation
- Obtained complete defense verdict for automotive component part manufacturer after two-week jury trial in Colorado state court.
- Counsel to automotive component part manufacturer in products liability action in Colorado federal court.
- Counsel to automotive manufacturer in products liability action in Colorado state court.
- Counsel to automotive manufacturers in breach of warranty actions, including Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act claims, in Colorado state courts.
- Counsel to major pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in products liability litigation at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal courts, with a particular focus on federal regulation and preemption issues.
- Obtained dismissal of thousands of products liability claims after successful removal to federal court under the Class Action Fairness Act.
- Obtained complete dismissal of multiple products liability lawsuits against major pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Obtained appellate reversal of products liability jury verdict against major pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Obtained complete dismissal of products liability lawsuit against aircraft manufacturer in Colorado federal court.
College of William & Mary, J.D., Order of the Coif, 2009
University of Chicago, M.A., 2004
Providence College, B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 2003