Kathleen Pritchard is an associate at Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, where her practice focuses on natural resource and environmental litigation and regulatory compliance. Ms. Pritchard represents private and public clients on environmental, energy, and land use issues. She has experience in all stages of trial practice, including researching, drafting, and arguing court filings, leading discovery efforts, and negotiating settlements.
Prior to joining DGS, Ms. Pritchard served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Sam Sparks of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas. Ms. Pritchard earned her J.D., with high honors, from the University of Texas School of Law, where she served as a teaching assistant in the first-year legal writing program and editor of the Texas Environmental Law Journal. While in law school, Ms. Pritchard received the Beck Award for Legal Research and Writing Excellence and Dean’s Achievement Awards in Legal Writing, Environmental Law, and Oil and Gas Law. She graduated magna cum laude from Wake Forest University with a B.A. in Political Science and minors in Environmental Science and Biology.
Ms. Pritchard maintains an active pro bono practice and is committed to mission-driven organizations tackling social and environmental issues in the Denver Metro area. Ms. Pritchard serves on the Development Committee for GRID Alternatives Colorado, which strives to make renewable energy technology and job training accessible to underserved communities. Ms. Pritchard is also a member of the Mile High United Way Catalyst Society, a group of business leaders in the Denver Metro area focused on philanthropic and leadership development.
- Briefed and argued appeal to the North Dakota Supreme Court on behalf of energy company, obtaining judgment in client’s favor.
- Negotiated favorable resolution as lead counsel on behalf of construction company in lawsuit involving breach of contract claims.
- Obtained favorable resolution of lease cancellation lawsuit on behalf of oil and gas company.
- Mile High United Way Catalyst Society
- GRID Alternatives Colorado Development Committee
- Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE)
- Colorado Renewable Energy Society
- Colorado Lawyers Committee Young Lawyers Division
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Air & Waste Management Association – Rocky Mountain States Section
Presentations & Publications
- “Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Sequestration,” DGS Webinar, (2021) (with John Jacus and Kathleen Schroder)
- "Practicing as a New Attorney in Federal Court: What You Need to Know," Faculty of Federal Advocates Newsletter (November 2018)
The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., High Honors, 2015
Wake Forest University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2010
DGS Webinar: Carbon Capture, Utilization & Sequestration
Carbon capture, utilization, and sequestration (“CCUS”) is an emerging clean climate technology that captures carbon emissions from power generation and...Read More