Nina Gawne Ward
Nina Ward is Of Counsel in the Finance & Acquisitions Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. She represents and counsels clients in complex commercial transactions, as well as on general corporate law and contractual matters. While Ms. Ward’s practice focuses on the aviation industry, she has experience in a broad range of industries.
Ms. Ward’s aviation industry expertise includes the representation of aircraft owners, lessors, lessees, and lenders in structuring, implementing, and closing acquisitions, sales, secured financings, finance leases, operating leases, and other commercial and private aircraft transactions and the handling of related regulatory matters. She regularly counsels clients in domestic and international transactions involving the manufacture, supply, and support of aerospace products and services, as well as in government contracting and subcontracting, including contract award, compliance, and administration.
Prior to joining DGS in 2012, Ms. Ward practiced for eight years with another Denver firm. There, her practice was broadly focused and included aviation, regulatory work for banks and financial institutions, securities, private offerings, and real estate.
- Sale of an EU-based airline conducting cargo operations and unscheduled passenger flights. The transaction involved complex legal, tax, operational, regulatory, and due-diligence issues across nine countries and four continents.
- Preparation and negotiation of contracts for repair station clients for maintenance, repair, and overhaul of aircraft components with aircraft operators and owners.
- Representation of aircraft component manufacturer in negotiation of manufacturing, supplier, and subcontractor agreements.
- Representation of aerospace defense contractor in the negotiation, successful award, and administration of government contracts and subcontracts for the U.S. government’s procurement of goods and services.
- Acquisition, leasing, subleasing, sale, and financing of passenger and cargo aircraft in cross-border transactions in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America. (Ms. Ward has experience in rejection and restructures of leases in bankruptcy, repossession of aircraft, and international registry filings for transactions covered by the Cape Town Convention.)
- Representation of aircraft operator in a financing lease of aircraft imported into the U.S. where the lessee and sublessee would change the configuration of the aircraft and put them into operation within the U.S. Ms. Ward worked on the contracting, de-registration, registration, and regulatory aspects of the transaction.
University of Michigan, J.D., 2003
University of Michigan, M.S. in Natural Resources, 2004
Middlebury College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1999