Otto Miguel Hanson
Otto Hanson is a staff attorney in the Finance & Acquisitions Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. Before pursuing a legal career, Mr. Hanson worked in business management roles at startups in Boulder, Colorado and Silicon Valley. His roles included spending three years selecting and managing outside counsel for those companies.
Mr. Hanson’s practice focuses on financing, technology, and commercial transactions, as well as on general matters of corporate law, including public benefit corporations. He is fluent in Spanish, conversational in Portuguese, and is the co-chair of the New Lawyers Subsection of the Business Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association. In 2012, Mr. Hanson received an Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management.
In law school, Mr. Hanson focused on corporate law, including the types of issues most commonly faced by emerging companies. He took on various leadership roles, including helping allocate CU Foundation investment funds through a student-run venture capital team, running the Silicon Flatirons Student Group, leading a national title-winning M&A moot court team, and serving as a part-time lecturer at the Leeds School of Business. In 2018, Mr. Hanson was a member of the winning team, LexLucid, at the Global Legal Hackathon. The event invites law schools, law firms, legal in-house departments, legal technology companies, governments, and service providers from across the globe to compete in creating solutions to improve the legal industry.
Beyond his legal practice, Mr. Hanson enjoys engaging in various political, pro bono, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Analysis: The Benefits of the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator + What TermScout Thought, Artificial Lawyer, January 14, 2020
- Global Legal Hackathon Winner Edition, Legal Business World, June 2018
- Global Legal Hackathon announces winners, ABA Journal, April 24, 2018
- Team of Lawyers and Developers Solve Access to Justice Problem in Legal Hackathon, Legal Talk Network, March 7, 2018
- Denver Hosts Global Legal ‘Hackathon’, Law Week Colorado, March 6, 2018
- Celebrating the Denver Winners of the Global Legal Hackathon, Legal Talk Network, March 5, 2018
University of Colorado Law School, J.D., Order of the Coif, 2016
Middlebury Institute of International Studies, M.B.A., 2009
Northern Arizona University, B.A. in Spanish, Minor in Business Administration, 2008
Ten Things You Need to Know About the GDPR Before May 25
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) goes into effect on May 25, 2018. It imposes multimillion dollar fines...Read More