Peter R. Rose
Peter Rose is an attorney in the Taxation, Employee Benefits, and Estate Planning & Administration Groups of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP. His area of expertise is international, federal, state, and local taxation of entities and individuals.
Mr. Rose holds a J.D. from the University of Colorado School of Law and an LL.M in Taxation from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Mr. Rose advises clients on all facets of international, federal, state, and local taxation, including:
- Structuring business operations in the U.S., Canada, Central America, South America, Europe, and Asia;
- Tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions;
- Tax compliance;
- Tax incentives; and
- Executive compensation plans.
Mr. Rose represents taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service, Colorado Department of Revenue, and other state and municipal tax agencies.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Rose was the vice president of operations for Circuit Automation, a California-based manufacturer of equipment for the electronics industry, and assumed research positions with several specialty chemical companies. He holds several patents in the area of printed circuit board manufacturing equipment.
Mr. Rose acts as a volunteer guardian ad litem for children on behalf of the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Foundation.
- Litigating a Colorado sales tax case on behalf of an oil and gas operator and winning a refund of over $4,000,000.
- Advising a European client on the multistate income tax consequences of the acquisition of an American manufacturer.
- Drafting a 20-year property tax abatement agreement for a solar power generating facility located in Pueblo County.
- Advising wind farm developers on income, property, and sales and use tax incentives available in Colorado.
- Advising clients regarding property tax assessments and property tax protests.
- Representing a fuel distributor before the Colorado Department of Revenue to obtain a significant reduction in assessed penalties.
- Advising clients regarding the repatriation of overseas bank accounts.
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, LL.M., 2006
University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 2005
University of California, B.A., 2002
Online Retailers' Supreme Court Win on State Taxation Fight May Be Short-Lived
A March 2015 United States Supreme Court case delivers a short-term victory to online retailers who do not collect sales...Read More
Select State and Local Tax Issues Applicable to Entity Formation, Mergers, and Acquisitions
Presentation Materials.Read More
Calling All Angels: Advanced Industry Investment Tax Credit Incentivizes Early Stage Investment in Innovative Start-Up & Emerging Companies
On May 30, 2014, Governor Hickenlooper signed into law HB14-1012, creating an exciting new state income tax credit to incentivize...Read More