Philip D. Nickerson
Philip Nickerson is an associate at Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, where his practice focuses on all aspects of complex commercial litigation and disputes, particularly in the areas of securities enforcement, product defect, and oil and gas matters. Mr. Nickerson is admitted to practice in U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the Southern District of Texas.
Mr. Nickerson is a member of the Colorado Bar Association Young Lawyers Division’s Executive Committee, as well as the chair of its DEI Committee. He was recently appointment to the University of Denver Alumni Council. He also serves as the chair of the Sam Cary Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and is a member of the Judicial Endorsement Committee. Additionally, Mr. Nickerson is a member of the board of directors and volunteers as a mentor for Law School . . . Yes We Can, a Colorado-based law school pipeline program that targets high-achieving college freshmen from diverse backgrounds and provides mentorship through college.
Mr. Nickerson is an adjunct professor of International Practice and Procedure at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and a Coach of its International Moot Court Team. Prior to joining DGS, he was an attorney at a boutique litigation firm in Denver, as well as a law clerk to the Honorable S. Kato Crews of the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
During law school, Mr. Nickerson interned for the Honorable Christine M. Arguello of the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and for the Colorado Attorney General’s Office. He was a senior staff editor for the Denver Law Review and managing and production editor for the Denver Journal of International Law & Policy. From 2015 to 2017, Mr. Nickerson served as captain and student coach of the University of Denver International Moot Court Team.
Presentations & Publications
- John A. Elofson & Philip Nickerson, “SEC/SRO Update: SEC ESG Taskforce Update: Commissioner Lee Doubles Down, and Examination Division Issues ESG Risk Alert; Eastman Kodak Preparing to Defend Insider-Trading Lawsuit; The House of Representatives Passes the Insider Trading Prohibition Act,” Wall Street Lawyer (June 2021)
- John A. Elofson, Stephanie G. Danner & Philip Nickerson, “SEC/SRO Update: Delaware Chancery Court Strikes Down the Williams Companies’ COVID-19 Poison Pill; SEC Division of Examinations Announces 2021 Examination Priorities,” Wall Street Lawyer (April 2021)
- “GameStop: An ‘Honest’ Market Manipulation,” DGS Legal Alert (February 2021)
- Moderator, “Just Mercy: Confronting Today’s Justice System,” American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Fall Conference (October 2020)
- Panelist, “Federal Practice Update,” Colorado Bar Association (June 2019)
- Panelist, “Behind the Bench – A Clerk’s Panel,” Faculty of Federal Advocates (February 2019)
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D./MBA, 2017
Baylor University, BBA, 2012
DGS Adds Five New Associates Across Practice Groups
Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has added five new associates who are admitted...Read More