Davis Graham & Stubbs is the leading firm in the Rocky Mountain West for crisis management and incident response resulting from industrial accidents, injuries and fatalities. Recent experience includes defending companies in OSHA investigations and related proceedings in connection with the following matters:
- Defended oil well operator after well blowout caused explosion and injuries to multiple workers.
- Defended owner of tank battery after explosion related to gas release during pigging operation caused two fatalities.
- Defended manufacturer after employee crushed in machinery during cleaning operation due to lack of proper lockout/tagout procedure.
- Defended owner of compressor station after fire and explosion caused severe burns to employee.
- Defended owner of tank batteries in connection with successive events related to worker asphyxiation during tank gauging operations.
- Defended owner of well drilling operation related to alleged employee exposure to hydrogen sulfide releases.
- Defended owner of well drilling operation in connection with explosion during tank welding operation due to oil residue in tank.
- Defended owner of manufacturing facility in connection with fatality caused due to exposure to unguarded machine parts.
- Defended owner of well drilling operation in connection with fatality caused by explosion resulting from gas release during flowback operations.
- Defended owner of well drilling operation in connection with fatality caused by failure due to metal fatigue on drill rig.
- Defended owner of well drilling operation in connection with amputation caused by equipment rupture on rig floor.
- Defended owner of well drilling operation in connection with fatality caused by failure to properly secure high-pressure lines on rig floor.
DGS also assists clients with OSHA compliance in connection with ongoing operations and due diligence in connection with corporate acquisitions. Recently, we have assisted clients in developing and implementing OSHA programs related to respirable crystalline silica sand exposure, hearing conservation, machine guarding, lockout tagout, hazard communication, personal protective equipment, and compliance with the Global Harmonization System. We have also served as legal counsel in connection with multiple Process Safety Management (PSM) audits at facilities across the nation.