Jacqueline V. Roeder
Jackie Roeder is a partner in the Trial Department of Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, where her practice focuses on internal investigations, white-collar defense, commercial, and tort litigation. She is experienced in representing both companies and individuals in SEC, DOJ, and other government investigations, as well as in counseling clients on compliance issues. Ms. Roeder also has deep trial experience defending large corporations against contract, product liability, and personal injury claims.
Ms. Roeder currently serves on the board of trustees for the Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado and the board of advisors for Colorado Succeeds. Internally, Jackie is co-chair of the Women in Leadership Lecture Series, a program featuring valuable perspectives on how to overcome personal and professional obstacles on the path to leadership.
Before joining DGS, Ms. Roeder was an associate and counsel at O’Melveny & Myers in New York, where her practice focused on securities litigation, enforcement actions, white-collar criminal defense, and internal investigations.
Ms. Roeder holds degrees from the University of Michigan Law School and Princeton University. She is admitted to practice in Colorado and New York, as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the District of Colorado and Southern District of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
Representative Investigations and White-Collar Experience
- Represented a public company CEO in an SEC investigation regarding potential disclosure violations and fraud claims.
- Represented a large company in the internal investigation and disclosure of potential False Claims Act violations.
- Drafted the FCPA policy for an international real estate develop,; trained and counseled in compliance.
- Represented a senior executive at a major automotive company in SEC and NTSA investigations.
- Represented a major investment bank in SEC investigations related to alleged pay-to-play schemes.
Representative Trial Experience
- Obtained a complete defense verdict for Xcel Energy after a 7-day bench trial in Santa Fe County, New Mexico against allegations of negligence resulting in catastrophic personal injury.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict for Deere & Co. after a 10-day jury trial in U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado against allegations of design and warning defects resulting in traumatic brain injury and claimed damages of $47 million.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a large public company facing breach of contract and fraud claims.
- Barrister’s Choice “Best Commercial Litigator Attorney,” Law Week Colorado (2019)
- Rising Star, Colorado Super Lawyers (2017-2018)
- Elected to Colorado General Counsel Group (2018-2019)
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2007
Princeton University, A.B., magna cum laude, 2004
Thirty-Two DGS Attorneys Recognized as Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Thirty-two Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP attorneys have been recognized as 2018 Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, which is...Read More
Thirty-Five DGS Attorneys Recognized as Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Thirty-five Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP attorneys have been recognized as 2017 Colorado Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, which is...Read More