Please join DGS as we explore current risks of government investigations and enforcement actions that private and public companies in the oil and gas industry face. Government settlements and judgments against companies under the False Claims Act (FCA) are at an all-time high, and the Department of Justice recently announced an expansive initiative for additional FCA enforcement. On top of that, public and political pressure regarding oil and gas retail pricing and climate change has only further increased incentives for government agencies to scrutinize and investigate oil and gas businesses. This program, which includes insights from current and former government officials, will take a closer look at these issues, with topics including:
- The latest trends in FCA enforcement relating to federal oil and gas leases;
- Government trespass actions against operators with production on federal lands;
- The Biden Administration’s initiatives relating to consumer protection, including scrutiny of oil and gas retail pricing; and
- The Department of Justice’s Civil Cyber-Fraud Initiative and how it can impact oil and gas companies.
The confirmed speakers for this program, which is pending approval for one general Continuing Legal Education credit in the state of Colorado, include:
- Mark Champoux, Partner, DGS (Moderator)
- Nick Eaton, Associate, DGS
- Jackie Roeder, Partner, DGS
- Andrea Wang, Assistant, U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Colorado
- Chad Williams, Partner, DGS
Tuesday, March 8
Breakfast | 7:30-8:00 AM
Program | 8:00-9:00 AM
Registration for this event is closed. If you would like to attend please contact Makenna Kincaid.