Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP’s technology company and technology transactions team counsels technology companies and all other types of companies on issues ranging from the acquisition, license, use, and other commercialization of technology and intellectual property assets to structuring and completing complex M&A and commercial transactions to meet our clients’ ever-changing business needs. We work across the firm with lawyers in our nationally recognized Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Tax, Capital Markets, and Securities Groups. We provide full-service representation to the growing technology sector, often serving as outside general counsel to our clients.
- Data Privacy & Security; Data Breach
- Data Ownership & Protection
- Finance & Tax Matters
- Intellectual Property Protection, Commercialization, and Enforcement
- Joint Ventures, Partnerships & Strategic Alliances
- Maintenance & Support
- Manufacturing, Supply, Sales Representative & Distribution Agreements
- Service Agreements
- Outsourcing Agreements
- OEM & VAR Agreements
- Software – Enterprise, SaaS, Cloud, Subscription & Mobile Apps
- Technology Development, Licensing & Transfer
- Technology Company M&A (sell-side and buy-side transactions)
- Wireless & Mobility
- Represented a global leader in advanced advertising technologies for cable, satellite, and IPTV platforms in multiple financings, licensing transactions, and other commercial contracts.
- Represented a major telecommunications provider in the leasing and multi-million-dollar conversion of warehouse space to data center use under a long-term lease involving complex negotiations regarding telecommunications collocation and fiber and data pathways through a built environment.
- Represented an international solar power operator in its acquisition of a leader in commercial applications for solar energy.
- Represented an engineering business specializing in net-centric system design, cybersecurity, and systems integration for satellite ground stations, data centers, and computer systems in its sale to an international aerospace and defense technology company.
- Represented a video conferencing provider in its sale to a cloud-based communication service provider.
- Represented a provider of virtual outsourcing services in its sale to a leading business process outsourcing provider.
- Represented a software solutions and licensing services provider in its sale to a multinational computer technology company.
- Represented a communications company specializing in mobile radio and other low-cost wireless communications networks in Latin America in its sale to an international mobile communications provider.
- Represented the shareholders of a Denver-based decision analysis software company in its merger with a large enterprise performance management software company.
- Represented the shareholders of a manufacturer of integrated battery assemblies in its partial sale and recapitalization transaction with a private equity investor.
- Represented a buyer in the acquisition of a precision tool supplier for hybrid microelectronics companies.
- Represented a developer of radio frequency devices in its sale to a diversified industrial growth company providing engineered products and solutions for global niche markets.
- Represented an information technology firm in a design-build contract for a $35 million facility.
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Consumer Products
- Health Care
- IT Services
- Medical Devices
Related Practice Areas
- Capital Markets
- Health Care
- Climate Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance & Risk Management
Startups face a number of unique challenges – from picking the right type of entity to finding capital and hiring employees. DGS works with startups and emerging companies to launch and accelerate their progress. The firm has extensive knowledge and experience in growing companies and the venture capital space.
DGS works to deliver entrepreneurs useful guidance regarding how, when, where, and why to engage an attorney and what to expect when you buy legal services. This Buyer's Guide to Legal Services aims to provide exactly that information. There are also a number of free online resources for startup companies that allow entrepreneurs to get the ball rolling before engaging an attorney or law firm. These resources includes model venture financing documents, template safe financing documents, template equity financing documents, as well as a database of free legal document templates.
For more than a decade, DGS has worked to support Colorado’s startup community. Every month DGS hosts Office Hours either at our office downtown, at the Foundry Group in Boulder, or online via Microsoft Teams. Entrepreneurs are given an opportunity to schedule a session with a team of DGS attorneys to ask their startup questions. DGS has helped more than 100 startups and entrepreneurs with their legal questions through the Office Hours program. Colorado has one of the most robust startup communities in the U.S. and is a thriving network of tech and ideas, a full calendar of Colorado technology events can be found on flowh.com.