Our Technology Transaction team counsels all types of companies on issues ranging from the acquisition, license, use, and other commercialization of technology and intellectual property assets, to structuring complex transactions to meet our clients’ ever-changing business needs. We work across the firm with lawyers in our nationally recognized Corporate, Tax, Finance, Securities Regulation, and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups. We provide full-service representation to the growing technology sector, often serving as outside general counsel to our clients.
- Data Privacy & Security; Data Breach
- Finance & Tax Matters
- Joint Ventures, Partnerships & Strategic Alliances
- Maintenance & Support
- Manufacturing, Supply, Sales Representative & Distribution Agreements
- Service Agreements
- Outsourcing Agreements
- OEM & VAR Agreements
- Software – Enterprise, SaaS, Cloud, and Mobile Apps
- Technology Development, Licensing & Transfer
- Wireless & Mobility
- Represent a worldwide leader in advanced advertising technologies for cable, satellite and IPTV platforms in multiple financings, licensing transactions and other commercial contracts
- Represented a major telecommunications provider in the leasing and multi-million dollar conversion of warehouse space to data center use under a long term lease, involving complex negotiations regarding telecommunications collocation and fiber and data pathways through a built environment.
- Represented an international solar power operator in its acquisition of a leader in commercial applications for solar energy.
- Represented an engineering business specializing in net-centric system design, cybersecurity, and systems integration for satellite ground stations, data centers, and computer systems in its sale to an international aerospace and defense technology company.
- Represented a video conferencing provider in its sale to a cloud-based communication service provider.
- Represented a provider of virtual outsourcing services in its sale to a leading business process outsourcing provider.
- Represented a software solutions and licensing services provider in its sale to a multinational computer technology company.
- Represented a communications company specializing in mobile radio and other low-cost, wireless communications networks in Latin America, in its sale to an international mobile communications provider.
- Represented the shareholders of a Denver based decision analysis software company in its merger with a large enterprise performance management software company.
- Represented the shareholders of a manufacturer of integrated battery assemblies in its partial sale and recapitalization transaction with a private equity investor.
- Represented a buyer in the acquisition of a precision tool supplier for hybrid microelectronics companies.
- Represented a developer of radio frequency devices in its sale to a diversified industrial growth company providing engineered products and solutions for global niche markets.
- Represented an information technology firm in a design-build contract for a $35 million facility.
Startups face a number of unique challenges – from picking the right entity type to finding capital to hiring employees. Let us help you explore some of these legal questions with DGS-UP.