The Hospitality Group at Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP advises owners, operators, and developers of hotel and resort properties and restaurants on a full range of legal services related to the hospitality and food and beverage industries. The attorneys in our Hospitality Group span across disciplines, including real estate, corporate, financing, securities, tax, intellectual property, and environmental.
Our real estate lawyers assist clients with all aspects of site acquisition and development, leasing, land use regulation, subdivisions, condominium creation, and construction matters.
In addition, the group’s lawyers work with clients in structuring joint ventures, negotiating management agreements, brand franchise agreements, and intellectual property license agreements and negotiating and documenting financings, acquisitions, and dispositions. Additionally, our team of tax lawyers advises clients on all aspects of federal, state, and local taxation.
Our environmental lawyers assist clients in due diligence activities to identify and quantify potential environmental liabilities, and provide regulatory guidance regarding environmental issues, including environmental permitting, underground fuel tanks, asbestos, storm water and wastewater, and waste disposal.
- Represented Sage Hospitality Resources LLC in sale of the Curtis Hotel in Denver for $97 million.
- Advised in the sale of the Nines Hotel in Portland Oregon for $127 million representing the selling entities, as well as the managing members of the entities in the New Market Tax Credit structure.
- Represented Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. in its acquisition of 32 Red Robin® franchised restaurants in the U.S. and Canada for $40 million.
- Advised Intrawest Corporation in its stock sale of the Mammoth Ski Resort to Starwood Capital Group $365 million.
- Represented a joint venture in negotiation and sale of two hotel portfolios, one a seven-hotel portfolio for $43 million and the other an 11-hotel portfolio for $89 million. DGS also advised regarding the management agreement and construction contracts for the hotel renovations for both portfolios.
- Represented Sage Hospitality Resources LLC in the $160 million acquisition of a total of four hotels located in Texas, Illinois, and Michigan, including negotiation of joint venture, purchase, franchise, and management agreements, and financing documents.
- Advised a client in the $97 million sale of a hotel in Denver, including bifurcation of ownership of property and TIF income stream, and client’s reinvestment in the new ownership of the hotel as well as acquisition of the separated TIF income stream.
- Represented Sage Hospitality Resources LLC in the negotiation of a joint venture agreement, long-term operating lease, financing documents, management agreement, and condominium documentation for a $100 million two hotel development in Boulder.