The complex and ever-evolving regulatory environment today demands proactive legal advice to ensure that corporate governance matters are carefully and adequately addressed in your organization. Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP advises both public and private companies with respect to a myriad of corporate governance issues, including:
- board composition, structure, and requirements
- director, officer, and senior executive’s liability and insurance
- codes of ethics and insider trading policies
- regulatory and internal investigations
- whistleblower procedures
- executive compensation and employee benefit plans
- litigation avoidance
- audit and independent board committee issues
Our corporate lawyers, working with specialists in tax, employee compensation, real estate, environmental law, and other areas, provide our clients with the depth and breadth of expertise needed to navigate governance matters, including in the context of completing mergers, financings, acquisitions, dispositions, and other complex transactions. Moreover, the ongoing nature of the relationship we have with many of our clients helps us spot issues and resolve them efficiently, facilitating an efficient transaction process.
When crises do arise, DGS has former SEC advisors and experienced litigators to guide clients – whether they are fending off a hostile takeover attempt, navigating a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation, or negotiating a key transaction with related-party issues.